Today’s governments, businesses and citizens are faced with perhaps the biggest challenge in history: how to sustain growth and development today without irreversibly damaging tomorrow. Energy is central to this challenge and the swings in national policy show how hard it is to resolving it.
Nevertheless, cleaner energy generation and energy management are making huge technological strides forward. Bringing projects, technologies and businesses to market remains as challenging as ever. Nathan brings over a decade of practical experience, working with developers to secure finance for projects as well as developing funding and acceleration strategies for the development and funding of projects and programmes of projects.
Some examples of Nathan’s experience include:
- Leading the independent evaluation team for the Department of Energy & Climate Change’s Electricity Market Reform policy
- Buy and sell advice to developers in the renewable energy sector, advising on the disposal and sale of over 500MW of onshore wind projects
- Leading the advisory team for Ofgem’s Offshore Transmission TR2 programme
- Advice to the Scottish Government on acceleration of low carbon project delivery
- Market entry and valuation advice to large corporates, utilities and funders
- Due diligence advice to debt and equity funders
- Advice to early stage technology developers
- Master-planning and business case advice for a port developing its renewable energy strategy